Monday, April 8, 2013

{how bad do you want it?}



I have been struggling with losing the last 15 pounds, but I know why, its because I haven't been making the right choices! I haven't been drinking enough water, I have been eating food that is high in carbs, and yes, I have been within my calories, but I haven't been pushing for the gold! I know we all {{struggle}} with making the right choices, and that is because we have been in the "bad habit" of eating what we want whenever we want for years now. We need to change our habits to "good habits." 

A friend of mine had asked me a few weeks ago to help her lose 30 lbs, and I agreed, and so I have been helping her track, helping her keep motivated, and helping her pick out some good work outs. Well last night we went to a BBQ for a baby reveal party.
They had the normal hamburgers, hot dogs, smoked hog. Plus chips and dip, cake and cookies!! Can you guess what she did? She went straight for the chips and cake!! I tried stopping her, I said, Hey, your not going to lose weight by {{eating}} all that now! Do you know what she said back?? I don't care I had a bad day today! Now, don't get me wrong I know we all have bad days, but we still need to be mindful of our choices we make! and it is ok to have some "bad habit" food once in a while if you do it right. I had 9 chips, but I also left off the top bun on my hamburger so I didn't go over my calories. 


What I am trying to say, is if you want to lose weight, you have to keep in the habit no matter what, your you'll just keep going to the unhealthy side. It is a lifestyle change, and not an easy one! It takes daily practice, trial and errors, and support from family and friends! 

{{So glad for my wonderful sisters}} But most of all it takes "wanting it." if you don't want it, you wont stay at it! 


<3 Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment