Monday, January 28, 2013

{big bites on a budget}

(January 28, 2013)

Today I decided to keep track of exactly how much I spend on {healthy} food for the day. I want to show you that you can also eat healthy on a budget! I had a {delicious} breakfast that consisted of blackberries, a banana, and pineapple! This fresh fruit was 247 calories and only cost $2.14!



For lunch I bought a Stouffer's brand stuffed pepper and an orange for a total of 295 calories and a $3.08 cost. I added some {snacks} to my day consisting of Pringles Honey Butter Crackers (I ate half a serving which is 1/6 of the bag for a cost of $0.33 per serving) and a string cheese. My snacks were {only} 145 calories for the day!


For dinner I bought a footlong "Spicy Italian" sandwich from Subway but saved half of it for the next day, making my serving only $3.11 for a 6 inch sandwich and 410 calories!
My entire day only cost me $9.00 and was 1167 calories, putting me right in that 1200 calorie range I need to be in!

I hope this helps you make {healthy} choices too!

<3,
 Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment