Sunday, January 13, 2013

{easy peasy black bean burger}

(January 13, 2013)



Have you ever had one of those days where you're {so tired} but you still want to cook a nutritious dinner with minimal effort? That was my friday night. I came home after a very long day and had the urge to make something fast (which generally denotes unhealthy), so I started thinking about my options. I decided to make a {delicious} black bean burger! I thought I'd share the recipe with you so that next time you need a quick healthy meal you will have this on hand!

This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made <3

Vegetarian Black Bean Burgers
Serving Size: 4 burgers
Calories per serving: 125-150

What I used:

1 15oz can of seasoned {black beans}
1/8 cup of finely chopped {cilantro}
3 tbsp of {pineapple juice} (lemon or lime would be great!)
1/4 cup of {breadcrumbs}


You can use whatever you want in this recipe. If you have unseasoned black beans add some salt, pepper, garlic powder, etc. I didn't have much on hand, but I would also recommend a clove of minced garlic, some chopped green onions, etc. Make them {yummy} to you. Season to taste.

Mash the black beans with a fork or spoon (spoon worked better for me!) with two tbsp of water.
 Once mashed add your seasoning, juice, and breadcrumbs and mix well!

Once the breadcrumbs are mixed in, the beans should not be sticky! I scooped up and made "hamburger" patties with my hands. Place in nonstick pan or spray with nonstick spray.


Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until brown. That's it! I served mine with fresh romaine lettuce (instead of a bun), and tomatoes.


I also made brussels sprouts (which are chopped in half, tossed with light olive oil, salt & pepper, and baked at 425 F for 25 minutes)

See what I mean? {Easy peasy!} I hope you enjoy! If you have your own version of this meal or a {quick recipe}, comment below and let us know! You can also check us out on facebook if you haven't already! Or send us a tweet!

The girls have {SO MUCH} to say about our new {exercise plans!} Our next blog will be dedicated to fitness <3 We hope you all had a {lovely} weekend and that Monday will be low-stress for you!

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good. I have a tin of black eyed beans open and I might try these tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give them a try, let us know what you think! :)

      Delete