Tuesday, January 22, 2013

{what's for breakfast?}

Everybody always talks about how important it is to eat breakfast. It's true! But let's first talk about {water} in the morning. I always drink a glass of water when I first wake up because it helps rehydrate my organs after being asleep all night, gets my body going, and keeps me from eating a high calorie breakfast. 
photography by {meg}

It's still {so} important to eat breakfast though! Breakfast helps with stabilizing our {moods}, concentration, and keeps your body from thinking it's starving after having already not eaten all night long. So we decided to tell you our favorite breakfast meals that are {{HEALTHY}} and easy for girls on the go! (And for boys too!) <3

{Karen} likes to eat oatmeal and strawberries on a morning that she needs to get out of the house quickly. This high fiber meal only takes about 5 minutes to prepare and ranges from 100-200 calories. Yummers! On a day where she has more time, she likes to prepare an egg sauteed with some fresh bell peppers!

{Megan} Likes an egg with fresh fruit in the morning for a low-carb breakfast! She also has a weak spot for coffee, so you will almost always find that alongside her breakfast plate. This breakfast is about 200 calories.

{Yvonne} loves to have a piece of toast with a smear of peanut butter & banana in the morning. It's her healthy breakfast of choice and is only between 200-300 calories.


What are some of our favorite things to eat in the morning? Leave us a comment and let us know! We would love to try new things :)

<3,
meg, yvonne, & karen

4 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal for breakfast too, is my go-to choice for weekends and I have it with banana and peanut butter. During the week I have a smoothie - 1/2 frozen banana and fruit with chia, greens powder, maca, protein powder, PB, almond milk and flax oil. It's so delicious and keeps me full for ages :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin! Thank you so much for sharing that :) that smoothie sounds sooo {delicious}!!! I'm going to have to give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Would you believe its special K / oatmeal for healthy times but when my home cravings kick in its plantains and sardines?
    Greeting from google plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had plantains! Sardines for breakfast? That's pretty awesome! I love oatmeal too, so yummy. I'm so happy you found us on google plus! I just checked out your site, it looks amazing! :)

      Delete